Who we are:
Network to Code, LLC is a pioneer in the network automation industry, founded on the principles and belief that the way networks are currently being built, managed, and operated has to change. Our mission is to drastically change the way networks are managed, consumed, and operated on a day to day basis. Network to Code bridges the gap between DevOps and Network Engineering.
Our workplace is innovative, fast, and exciting. We build solution stacks that are rooted in the latest open-source technologies and enable our clients to get more work done better, faster, and cheaper than ever before. No wonder Gartner named us a Cool Enterprise Networking Vendor in 2020!
Our teams are humbly led by some of the most recognized names in the network automation community. We continue to give back to the community through blogs, industry events and open-source software contributions. Although we’re located throughout the world, we use technology to maintain close peer relationships with regular virtual team events and happy hours.
As a company, we offer a variety of professional and consulting services as well as training on Network Automation, DevOps for Networking, and how the network can be operated with an Infrastructure as Code mindset. Our services and solutions enable clients to better serve their business and the needs of their customers.
Impact of this role:
The Senior Product Manager will play a critical role in defining Network to Code’s solution and open source strategy. In order to drive our strategy, this position requires interfacing with key stakeholders including internal personnel, NTC customers, and the community while keeping up to speed on industry trends, tools, and other open source projects. The Product Manager will refine our open source direction ensuring alignment to the overall solution strategy with a vision of making Network to Code the most widely recognized company in the world for open source network automation.
This is a technical product management position that requires prior experience in using open source software and direct time spent within the IT network infrastructure domain. We are looking for candidates that thrive in creating strategy, de-constructing strategy into tactical plans, tracking metrics, and leading distributed and virtual teams while being able to have fairly low-level conversations with NTC stakeholders, customers, and community.
A day in the life:
- Meet with internal stakeholders to optimally gather customer requirements required to build strategy
- Lead internal virtual teams and working groups to define Network to Code reference architecture and reference designs
- Lead internal virtual teams and working groups to define Network to Code reference solutions for common network automation use cases using both open source and NTC-owned software
- Build presentations and present to customers on our open source strategy and our key solutions that sit atop of our open source software
- Create industry whitepapers documenting and articulating the Network to Code open source and solution strategy
- Serve as the product owner for Network to Code’s open source strategy interfacing and guiding software developers
- Drive product planning and delivery while analyzing trade-offs working internal stakeholders, customers, and the community
- Communicates a clear and compelling vision to internal leadership, extended, team, customers, and the community
- Manage the product and open source backlog working with engineering
- Owns the planning process, guiding roadmaps for others (not on your team), driving alignment with the overall vision, and ensuring consensus within the team
- Judiciously balances new feature development with stability and reliability of the software
- Engages with the community and loves presenting at industry events and conferences
What you bring:
- Passion for customer experience and success
- Desire to have well-formed objectives and a plan so that everyone is always on the same page
- Enthusiasm for creating documentation, diagrams, presentations to articulate strategy
- A collaborative, team approach, working across all business units
- The drive necessary to see a project through to completion
- Technical breadth and depth with the ability to dive into the unknown
What you have:
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy
- Ability to plan, design, document, and articulate vision before beginning execution
- Confidence and the ability to present, create videos, write blogs to articulate our strategy
- Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to act effectively with only high level direction
- Experience working across organizations with Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, Engineering
- Enthusiastic and clear verbal communicator as well as explicit and solid written communication skills
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter, and have excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex feedback into actionable priorities
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects
- Deep Experience with NetBox
- Familiarity of SDN, intent-based networking, and closed-loop systems
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: Ansible, Terraform, Salt, Puppet, StackStorm
- Experience with Napalm and Netmiko
- Enough technical depth with Python and Django to work with and collaborate with senior software engineers
- Experience with CI/CD platforms
- Familiarity with Git workflows for working in a collaborative environment
- Familiarity and experience with Docker, Docker Compose, Grafana, Prometheus, Telegraf, Secrets Management
- Experience at one time being a network domain expert
We, at Network to Code, believe our most valuable resource is our people. Our culture is rooted in collaboration, community, and forward thinking. We are passionately committed to leading and shaping the future of network automation; and as we continue to grow rapidly, we’re always on the lookout for talented, innovative people to join our team!
Network to Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network to Code does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.