Who we are:
Network to Code, LLC is a pioneer in the network automation industry, founded on the principles and belief that the way networks are currently being built, managed, and operated has to change. Our mission is to drastically change the way networks are managed, consumed, and operated on a day to day basis. Network to Code bridges the gap between DevOps and Network Engineering.
Our workplace is innovative, fast, and exciting. We build solution stacks that are rooted in the latest open-source technologies and enable our clients to get more work done better, faster, and cheaper than ever before. No wonder Gartner named us a Cool Enterprise Networking Vendor in 2020!
Our teams are humbly led by some of the most recognized names in the network automation community. We continue to give back to the community through blogs, industry events and open-source software contributions. Although we’re located throughout the world, we use technology to maintain close peer relationships with regular virtual team events and happy hours.
As a company, we offer a variety of professional and consulting services as well as training on Network Automation, DevOps for Networking, and how the network can be operated with an Infrastructure as Code mindset. Our services and solutions enable clients to better serve their business and the needs of their customers.
Impact of this role:
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will play a critical role in supporting various teams within Network to Code. While Network to Code is a customer-facing consulting organization, this role is focused on deploying, managing, and supporting the internal systems that drive our business.
This is a technical position that requires experience in cloud, software development, DevOps, and networking. We are looking for candidates that not only excel technically, but also have skills to build plans, set expectations, and manage projects to completion.
A day in the life:
- Work with various cloud providers including AWS, Digital Ocean (DO), and Equinix Bare Metal (Packet)
- Meet with internal stakeholders including training, internal IT, professional services, and sales to understand requirements and communicate plans
- Manage the infrastructure platforms used for sales demos (AWS, Packet, NetBox, Ansible, Jenkins, Grafana, Prometheus, etc.)
- Manage and maintain a backlog of network automation (NetDevOps) demos to be automated by the infrastructure platforms
- Build automated tests to enable streamlined collaboration by engineers throughout the company across repos and projects
- Manage the lab and training infrastructure used by Network to Code in its network automation training courses – this includes maintaining and enhancing a custom Django application used to provision cloud and network resources as well as all associated Ansible playbooks that configure systems and network devices across AWS, Packet, and DO
- Manage Internal IT AWS infrastructure, e.g. security, IAM, VPC, AWS VPN, etc.
- Ensure the right groups and permissions are deployed across each cloud provider integrating with corporate user directory systems
- Manage and maintain the company blog deployed using Jekyll and Flask as a Heroku App
- Use Terraform to provision cloud resources
- Use Ansible to configure servers and network devices
- Ensure all projects and repositories are fully documented to ensure proper discoverability by everyone within Network to Code
- Work collaboratively using git managing PRs and issues coming from engineers across the business
What you bring:
- Passion for customer experience and success
- A collaborative, team approach, working across all business units
- The drive necessary to see a project through to completion
- Technical breadth and depth with the ability to dive into the unknown
- A can-do attitude that has a passion to document everything
What you have:
- 3-5 years experience Ansible and Terraform
- 3+ years Linux system administration
- 3-5 years experience with Python
- 2+ years experience with Django
- 2+ years AWS experience including EC2, route53, ELB/ALB, VPN, Transit VPC, EKS
- 5+ years of git experience with at 3 of them working collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience developing system integration test strategies
- Experience with CI/CD platforms
- Familiarity with Git workflows for working in a collaborative environment
- Hands-on experience Docker, Docker Compose, Grafana, Prometheus, Telegraf
- Familiarity with secrets management
- Knowledgeable in rolling IAM and permissions within an organization
- Understanding of network concepts (devices, VLANs, interfaces, routing) and a passion for learning even more in this space
- Ability to design, document, and articulate concepts before beginning implementation
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter, and have excellent organizational skills
We, at Network to Code, believe our most valuable resource is our people. Our culture is rooted in collaboration, community, and forward thinking. We are passionately committed to leading and shaping the future of network automation; and as we continue to grow rapidly, we’re always on the lookout for talented, innovative people to join our team!
Network to Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network to Code does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.