Who we are:
Network to Code bridges the gap between DevOps and Network Engineering. We are a pioneer in the network automation industry. Our mission is to drastically change the way networks are managed, consumed, and operated on a day-to-day basis. We offer a variety of professional and consulting services as well as training on Network Automation, DevOps for Networking, and how the network can be operated with an Infrastructure as Code mindset. Our services and solutions enable clients to better serve their business and the needs of their customers.
Impact of this Senior Management role:
A Services Director is a senior technical leader who builds and guides high performing Engineering teams to deliver network automation solutions to a targeted list of our strategic clients. They are accountable for ensuring these clients successfully adopt and realize value from all Network to Code solutions and services. This includes developing and executing strategies to enable clients to achieve the business outcomes they planned to receive from network automation. They will identify new and renew revenue opportunities for the client to further leverage our services across all of their lines of business. The Services Director is a cross functional role who collaborates and coordinates activities with the Executive team, Principal Consultants, Project Management, and Sales teams. They will build broad client relationships at the Senior Executive level, intended to increase Network to Code’s relevance in the client’s business transformation and strategic decisions. This leadership role provides the platform to guide the strategic technical direction of Network to Code client solutions.
Ideal candidate would come from IT Consulting, Professional Services, or IT enterprise vendors such as Accenture, Cisco, EMC, F5 or Palo Alto.
A day in the life:
- Is accountable for the outcome of KPIs related to the health of their organization, such as billable utilization, P&L, delivery effectiveness, project profitability, etc.
- Partner with NTC Sales to design network automation architecture solutions for proposals and SOWs
- Guides their Service Teams assigned to clients under contract with Network to Code. The teams are typically composed of Managing Consultants who manage teams of Principal Architects and Network Automation Engineers while partnering with Engagement Managers, and Learning and Development Instructors
- Leverage industry expertise and credibility to establish key executive level relationships within the client
- Collaborate with client leadership to define core business drivers, success outcomes, and key KPIs that will be used to measure the business impact of our services
- Continually measure and monitor client satisfaction and health of the initiatives; proactively identify issues and coordinate with services teams to remediate issues as they are identified
- Lead stakeholder meetings and steering committee meetings with client leadership to present tangible results and achievements, report active team initiatives and the planned roadmap of the projects
- Responsible project owner, managing all internal Network to Code aspects of successful delivery; manage Network to Code team structure and staffing for various stages of the project, manage problems or challenges that may arise, and be the focal point for any and all escalations
- With the understanding of the business objective, will set project direction with the client’s stated goals and objectives to ensure the work under development maps to this prioritization
What you bring:
- Honesty and empathy to those around on a daily basis
- Proven leadership with the ability to develop, articulate and execute a vision that is aligned with both company and team strategies, and maps to defined client success outcomes
- Desire for continuous learning of new technologies that will bring bigger and better network automation solutions to our clients
- Passion for growing, coaching, and guiding teams
- Confidence and decisiveness in moving the ball forward while being flexible and open
- Strong operational background with the proven ability to define and leverage business metrics to manage the client journey; track record of delivering results above expectations
- Ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment
- Highly skilled in translating complex technical topics to measurable business value
- A ‘builder’ mentality, sense of urgency, always looking to do things differently
What you have:
- 5+ years of leadership experience with proven results and building high performing teams
- 7+ years in Information Technology Engineering with 5+ years in a client-facing pre-sales or post-sales consulting role
- Understanding of our business in network automation technologies and consulting services
- Mastery level knowledge of client relationships as a consultant and project execution typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience; may have deep knowledge of project management and/or sales experience working in a consultative, client-facing role
- Ability to travel 6-8 times per year
- Familiar with agile software development
Our workplace at Network to Code is innovative, fast, and exciting. We build solution stacks that are rooted in the latest open-source technologies and enable our clients to get more work done better, faster, and cheaper than ever before. No wonder Gartner named us a Cool Enterprise Networking Vendor in 2020!
Our teams are humbly led by some of the most recognized names in the network automation community. We continue to give back to the community through blogs, industry events and open-source software contributions. Although we’re located throughout the world, we use technology to maintain close peer relationships with regular virtual team events and happy hours.
We believe people are our most valuable resource at Network to Code. Our culture is rooted in collaboration, community, and forward thinking. We are passionately committed to leading and shaping the future of network automation; and as we continue to grow rapidly, we’re always on the lookout for talented, innovative people to join our team!
Network to Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network to Code does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.