Who we are:
Network to Code bridges the gap between DevOps and Network Engineering. We are a pioneer in the network automation industry. Our mission is to drastically change the way networks are managed, consumed, and operated on a day-to-day basis. We offer a variety of professional and consulting services as well as training on Network Automation, DevOps for Networking, and how the network can be operated with an Infrastructure as Code mindset. Our services and solutions enable clients to better serve their business and the needs of their customers.
Impact of this technical role:
A Senior Consultant, Build & Release is a software engineering consultant who will design, develop, and implement processes that build and release network automation platforms. They will be responsible for collaborating with stakeholders, enabling the delivery of reliable success of value, as well as communicating knowledge to peers. In this role the consultant will get the opportunity to help transform large-scale network automation projects that have a global reach in an enterprise environment.
A day in the life:
- Champion best practices of code delivery automation, including CI/CD, code quality and security monitoring, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), and configuration management
- Navigate enterprise change management processes and design solutions to streamline the release process
- Engaging with development and vendor software teams throughout application lifecycle to improve reliability, testability, and supportability of applications
- In this consultant role, you will maintain frequent client communications, lead interactive discovery & design sessions, and participate in regular meetings to ensure client satisfaction
- Demonstrate humble confidence of technical recommendations, fielding objections and responding with knowledgeable suggestions, and working toward an agreeable solution
- Active listening to client needs, as well as peer feedback from past experiences and understandings of challenges
- Identify project risks and challenges, develop resolution plans, and support troubleshooting
- Track project progress and identify and correct any delays
- Works with fellow Engineers and Managing Consultants to build automation designs, including developing a tech stack, developing proper levels of abstraction, and guidance on best practices
- Leads customer calls with technical peers and articulate the pros and cons of a given solution in a consumable manner to executive leadership
- Translate manual workflows into high-level and low-level designs
- Develops well-written technical documentation that documents solutions built for clients
- Can quickly adapt to new and legacy technologies and continuously demonstrates technical excellence
- Develops software for internal and customer facing projects
- Performs peer and self reviews, guidance, and contributions to best practices of code, collaboration, and solution delivery
What you bring:
- Passion for customer experience and success
- Solicitude in helping customers throughout their automation journey
- Honesty and empathy to those around you on a daily basis
- Interest in the growth of your peers along with yourself
- Confidence and decisiveness in moving the ball forward while being flexible and open
- Ability to demonstrate the latest technology in a way that resonates with customers
What you have:
- Experience in a customer-facing, consulting role (enterprise-scale a huge plus!)
- Ability to break down complex concepts and present them in a clean and concise way, for a varied audiences
- Ability to make decisions on usability, such as naming, user experience, complexity tradeoffs, layout, mapping technical solutions to customers’ skillsets, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins, Circle-CI, Github CI
- Experience with configuration management, including Ansible, Puppet, IaC and Source of Truth strategy
- Experience with runtime, container, and hosting environments, like RHEL, Docker, OpenShift
- Familiar with scripting languages, including Python, Bash, Make
- Familiar with Flask/Django for creating custom APIs
- Familiar with tools and libraries such as pytest, Robot Framework, SonarCube, Aquascan
- Familiar with artifact management systems, like JFrog Artifactory, RPM, Yum, PyPi
- Familiar with traditional Git workflows for working in a collaborative environment
Our workplace at Network to Code is innovative, fast, and exciting. We build solution stacks that are rooted in the latest open-source technologies and enable our clients to get more work done better, faster, and cheaper than ever before. No wonder Gartner named us a Cool Enterprise Networking Vendor in 2020!
Our teams are humbly led by some of the most recognized names in the network automation community. We continue to give back to the community through blogs, industry events and open-source software contributions. Although we’re located throughout the world, we use technology to maintain close peer relationships with regular virtual team events and happy hours.
We believe people are our most valuable resource at Network to Code. Our culture is rooted in collaboration, community, and forward thinking. We are passionately committed to leading and shaping the future of network automation; and as we continue to grow rapidly, we’re always on the lookout for talented, innovative people to join our team!
Network to Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network to Code does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.