Who we are:
Network to Code bridges the gap between DevOps and Network Engineering. We are a pioneer in the network automation industry. Our mission is to drastically change the way networks are managed, consumed, and operated on a day-to-day basis. We offer a variety of professional and consulting services as well as training on Network Automation, DevOps for Networking, and how the network can be operated with an Infrastructure as Code mindset. Our services and solutions enable clients to better serve their business and the needs of their customers.
Impact of this technical role:
A Principal Architect is a network automation leader who drives organization-wide baseline standards for “the NTC way” for Network Automation Architecture and Solutions in partnership with the technical community. They are network automation gurus that are able to dive deep in code themselves, provide peer review, and are experts in network automation architecture and design. They have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate highly technical concepts in a way anyone can understand including senior leadership as well as technical peers.
A day in the life:
- Builds and documents the Network to Code architecture and associated training material
- Develops the reusable tooling that empowers the solutions that Network to Code brings to their customers
- Advises the technical delivery teams on network automation architecture
- Connects the business needs of the client(s) with technical delivery plan(s); together with the Managing Consultants (MC), owns the definition of the technical design to meet the objectives and requirements of the higher-level business needs of the customer(s)
- Supports NTC sales teams to help determine and craft project SOWs, budget, and timelines for network automation projects
- Provides support in developing functional and technical specifications
- Performs peer reviews, guidance, and contributes to best practices of code
- Translates manual workflows into high-level and low-level designs
- Develops well-written technical documentation and assessments for both clients and internal needs
- Quickly adopts new technologies and continuously demonstrates technical excellence
- Supports sales and meets with potential clients within the presales process as a network automation subject matter expert (SME)
What you bring:
- Passion for customer experience and success
- Solicitude in helping customers throughout their automation journey
- Honesty and empathy to those around you on a daily basis
- A focused and solution oriented approach necessary to see projects through to completion
- Confidence and decisiveness in moving the ball forward while being flexible and open
- Ability to demonstrate the latest technology in a way that resonates with customers
- As a Principal leader, you will bring enthusiasm to coach and mentor engineers and Architects in the soft-skills of technical consulting, client-facing conversations, and technical network automation architecture
What you have:
- Expert knowledge of full-stack architectures inclusive of ITSM (ServiceNow) Enterprise-driven workflows, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and CI/CD deployment models, Enterprise Network Orchestration & Automation, Source of Truth, ChatOps, Network Observability, and knowing how open source can lead or compliment a given architecture
- Experience in a customer-facing, consulting role
- Ability to break down complex concepts and present them in a clean and concise way, for a varied audience from technical engineers up to senior business leaders
- Ability to make good decisions on usability, such as naming, user experience, complexity tradeoffs, layout, mapping technical solutions to customers’ skillsets, etc.
- Comfortable with context switching and working on multiple projects at the same time
- Experience with CI/CD and how it could be applied to network automation
- Experience with concepts around data management including IaC and Source of Truth strategy
- Familiar with Ansible and/or Python automating networking devices
- Familiar with Flask/Django for creating custom APIs
- Familiar with tools and libraries such as pytest, Nornir, Netmiko, NAPALM, Batfish, Salt, Robot Framework
- Familiar with traditional Git workflows for working in a collaborative environment
- CCNP or equivalent networking knowledge
Our workplace at Network to Code is innovative, fast, and exciting. We build solution stacks that are rooted in the latest open-source technologies and enable our clients to get more work done better, faster, and cheaper than ever before. No wonder Gartner named us a Cool Enterprise Networking Vendor in 2020!
Our teams are humbly led by some of the most recognized names in the network automation community. We continue to give back to the community through blogs, industry events and open-source software contributions. Although we’re located throughout the world, we use technology to maintain close peer relationships with regular virtual team events and happy hours.
We believe people are our most valuable resource at Network to Code. Our culture is rooted in collaboration, community, and forward thinking. We are passionately committed to leading and shaping the future of network automation; and as we continue to grow rapidly, we’re always on the lookout for talented, innovative people to join our team!
Network to Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network to Code does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.