Who we are:
Network to Code bridges the gap between DevOps and Network Engineering. We are a pioneer in the network automation industry. Our mission is to drastically change the way networks are managed, consumed, and operated on a day-to-day basis. We offer a variety of professional and consulting services as well as training on Network Automation, DevOps for Networking, and how the network can be operated with an Infrastructure as Code mindset. Our services and solutions enable clients to better serve their business and the needs of their customers.
Impact of this leadership role:
The Managing Consultant (MC) for the Cloud Platform is a new role on a new team at Network to Code. The MC and their team will be responsible for all things UI and API for NTCs future cloud self-service platform. Going beyond the UI and API, the Cloud Platform team will also be responsible for integrating with backend automation systems and APIs. The MC is a hands-on technical leader that thrives in building and creating new technologies while managing a team of software engineers. We are looking for someone who has a passion and commitment for building something that can change the way the industry consumes network automation. This person is someone who is able to build a strategic roadmap based on desired business outcomes and stakeholder & customer feedback. The MC is capable of leading a high performing team while personally delivering code at the same time. This management role provides a platform to drive the strategic direction of Network to Code’s cloud platform within the newly created Managed Services organization.
A day in the life:
- Gather requirements by talking with internal stakeholders, sales prospects, and early adopters of the cloud platform
- Create strategic roadmap for the cloud platform – will include the lifecycle of the cloud platform including the launch
- Act as a Product Owner and Engineering Leader for the cloud platform establishing formal mechanisms to gather stakeholder feedback
- Work directly with the SRE team acting as escalation for UI and API related issues after the launch
- Work directly with with the SRE team who is building the actual network automation systems to properly integrate the cloud UI and API with the backend APIs and infrastructure
- Manage a team of software engineers, internal employees and/or contractors ensuring a successful launch and development of the cloud platform
- Identify project risks and challenges, develop resolution plans, and support troubleshooting along the way
- Track project progress and identify and correct any delays
- Report project status to internal stakeholders on a regular basis via formal and informal mechanisms
- Responsible for developing functional and technical specifications
- Articulate pros/cons and tradeoffs of requested features while describing impact to delivery and budget
- Translate user experience and requirements into visually and aesthetically pleasing UI
- Responsible for describing UI in wireframes and API specifications via swagger-like documentation
- Develops well-written technical documentation and assessments for both clients and internal needs in the form of HLDs and LLDs of programmatic design
- Quickly adopts new technologies and continuously demonstrates technical excellence
- Develops a documentation strategy and ensures all documentation meets those standards
What you bring:
- Passion for customer experience and success
- Honesty and empathy to those around you on a daily basis
- Ability to create, execute, and lead software engineers
- A focused and solution-oriented approach necessary to see projects through to completion
- Confidence and decisiveness in moving the ball forward while being flexible and open
What you have:
- Experience leading a team of software engineers
- Ability to choose the right technology for the task at hand considering all aspects of the solution from development to the operational support model
- Comfort level developing in a language you may not have necessarily used in the past
- The desire to support the code after it is deployed to production while also creating pipeline to make sure your code is as bulletproof as possible
- Ability to break down complex concepts and present them in a clean and concise way, for a varied audience from technical engineers up to senior business leaders
- Ability to make great decisions on usability, such as naming, user experience, complexity tradeoffs, layout, etc. This is a MUST since this is a public facing platform.
- Deep understanding of communicating with and integrating with backend REST APIs
- A ‘builder’ mentality and sense of urgency
- Knowledge of network automation and how users may consume network automation
- Background in creating SaaS applications
Our workplace at Network to Code is innovative, fast, and exciting. We build solution stacks that are rooted in the latest open-source technologies and enable our clients to get more work done better, faster, and cheaper than ever before. No wonder Gartner named us a Cool Enterprise Networking Vendor in 2020!
Our teams are humbly led by some of the most recognized names in the network automation community. We continue to give back to the community through blogs, industry events and open-source software contributions. Although we’re located throughout the world, we use technology to maintain close peer relationships with regular virtual team events and happy hours.
We believe people are our most valuable resource at Network to Code. Our culture is rooted in collaboration, community, and forward thinking. We are passionately committed to leading and shaping the future of network automation; and as we continue to grow rapidly, we’re always on the lookout for talented, innovative people to join our team!
Network to Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network to Code does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.