Who we are:
Network to Code bridges the gap between DevOps and Network Engineering. We are a pioneer in the network automation industry. Our mission is to drastically change the way networks are managed, consumed, and operated on a day-to-day basis. We offer a variety of professional and consulting services as well as training on Network Automation, DevOps for Networking, and how the network can be operated with an Infrastructure as Code mindset. Our services and solutions enable clients to better serve their business and the needs of their customers.
Impact of this role:
A Managing Consultant (Build & Release) manages a team of consultants and engineers, motivating and inspiring them to deliver innovative automation solutions for Network to Code’s clients. A Managing Consultant (Build & Release) at Network to Code plays a unique role in supporting their team and collaborating with them to build solutions. We are looking for someone who has a passion and commitment for partnering with our clients, building and leading high performing teams, and personally delivering solutions at the same time. This management role provides a platform to drive the strategic direction of Network to Code’s client solutions.
A day in the life:
- Manages a team of consultants and engineers delivering network automation solutions to clients, and supports their team’s professional and technical development
- Understands the business value of client solutions that are being built, and can articulate this value to internal and client stakeholders
- Champion best practices of code delivery automation, including CI/CD, code quality and security monitoring, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), and configuration management
- Navigate enterprise change management processes and design solutions to streamline the release process
- Engaging with development and vendor software teams throughout application lifecycle to improve reliability, testability, and supportability of applications
- Leads meetings that include both technical and leadership stakeholders from Network to Code and the client
- Manages relationships between the client and their team
- Aligns and coaches client stakeholders, change drivers, and team members on the soft-technical aspects of a project (feedback-driven culture, peer-reviews, best practices development)
- Works closely with Network to Code Engagement Managers and senior leadership during a project lifecycle to ensure successful outcomes
- Aids teams in identifying and working around technical and non-technical blockers to drive completion of a project
- Works with Network to Code senior leadership to help drive the direction of the company
- Builds high performing teams by growing and retaining the best people, as well as, by recruitment
- Translate manual workflows into high-level and low-level designs
- Develops well-written technical documentation that documents solutions built for clients
What you bring:
- Passion for customer experience and success
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies
- Desire to continuously do it differently, brainstorm, and collaborate to solve complex problems
- Drive to help customers throughout their automation journey
- Honesty and empathy to those around you on a daily basis
- Focus and a solution oriented approach to see projects through to completion
- Confidence and decisiveness in moving the ball forward while being flexible and open to different points of view
What you have:
- Experience breaking down complex concepts and presenting them in a clean and concise way for a varied audience, from individual engineers up to senior leaders
- Experience in an external customer facing role
- Proven experience managing high performing teams
- A track record of delivering highly successful projects in large and challenging environments
- Experience with CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins, Circle-CI, Github CI
- Experience with configuration management, including Ansible, Puppet, IaC and Source of Truth strategy
- Experience with runtime, container, and hosting environments, like RHEL, Docker, OpenShift
- Familiar with scripting languages, including Python, Bash, Make
- Familiar with Flask/Django for creating custom APIs
- Familiar with tools and libraries such as pytest, Robot Framework, SonarCube, Aquascan
- Familiar with artifact management systems, like JFrog Artifactory, RPM, Yum, PyPi
- Familiar with traditional Git workflows for working in a collaborative environment
- Experience doing demos and/or public speaking
- Familiarity with CI/CD and how it could be applied to network automation
- Familiarity with Ansible and/or Python automating networking devices
Our workplace at Network to Code is innovative, fast, and exciting. We build solution stacks that are rooted in the latest open-source technologies and enable our clients to get more work done better, faster, and cheaper than ever before. No wonder Gartner named us a Cool Enterprise Networking Vendor in 2020!
Our teams are humbly led by some of the most recognized names in the network automation community. We continue to give back to the community through blogs, industry events and open-source software contributions. Although we’re located throughout the world, we use technology to maintain close peer relationships with regular virtual team events and happy hours.
We believe people are our most valuable resource at Network to Code. Our culture is rooted in collaboration, community, and forward thinking. We are passionately committed to leading and shaping the future of network automation; and as we continue to grow rapidly, we’re always on the lookout for talented, innovative people to join our team!
Network to Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network to Code does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.