Title: Engagement Manager
Location: Remote (US)
About Network to Code
Network to Code is a premier network automation solution provider. We are committed to helping clients improve operational efficiencies and the reliability of their networks while reducing costs and enabling IT teams to deliver services faster. Our consultants promote a software-centric and programmatic approach to building, consuming, and operating IT infrastructure. With the help of Network to Code, enterprise and service provider organizations have recognized significant benefits and accelerated their digital transformation strategies.
About this Role
Engagement managers work with a broad range of clients. They are accountable for ensuring projects with these clients run smoothly and are tracked in detail. This includes developing and executing strategies to enable clients to achieve the business outcomes they planned to receive from network automation. The Engagement manager will collaborate and coordinate activity with the Network to Code project execution team. They will build broad client relationships, especially at the stakeholder level.
- Coordinate and track project related efforts using agile principles. A project team typically consists of an Engagement Manager, Principal Architect, Managing Consultants, Network Automation Engineers, and/or Learning and Development Instructors.
- Continually measure and monitor client satisfaction and health of the initiatives. Proactively identify issues and coordinate with project teams to remediate issues as they are identified.
- Responsible project owner, managing all internal Network to Code aspects of successful delivery. Manage Network to Code team communications, structure and staffing for various stages of the project, manage problems or challenges that may arise, and be the focal point for any and all escalations.
- Deliver executive-level summary reports (verbal and written) of project accomplishments, active work efforts, forward-looking risks and blockers, external dependencies, etc. that are informative for client management and clearly communicate tasks that may require their intervention, all in a clear and concise format without burying them in excessive detail.
- Support Project Team through:
- Identifying, communicating, and managing dependencies within and across teams
- Identifying risk, anticipating consequences, and proactively considering contingency plans
- Removing impediments preventing project progress
- Mediating through conflicts
- Helping to facilitate quick decision making
- Prioritize tasks and workload, determine trade-offs of scope/budget/calendar
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing strategic projects.
- Strong engagement/project management skills including: conceptualization; analysis; driving alignment; planning resources; managing milestones and objectives, and Agile practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter with extensive experience in an agile/adaptable environment.
- Strong presenting, listening and comprehension skills.
- A natural organizer, able to bring structure to chaos, promotes reusability and efficiency.
- A motivated self-starter, independently overcomes obstacles to realize stated objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate simultaneous projects, to organize a diverse set of team members from developers, engineers, and clients.
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment. Ability to multitask, prioritize and coordinate activities to meet multiple, agile deadlines, and works well under pressure.
- Strong verbal, written communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work remote and independently.
- Familiar with Jira and software development lifecycle.
- Relevant experience in working for (or with) a start-up preferred, not required.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.