Who we are:
Network to Code bridges the gap between DevOps and Network Engineering. We are a pioneer in the network automation industry. Our mission is to drastically change the way networks are managed, consumed, and operated on a day-to-day basis. We offer a variety of professional and consulting services as well as training on Network Automation, DevOps for Networking, and how the network can be operated with an Infrastructure as Code mindset. Our services and solutions enable clients to better serve their business and the needs of their customers.
Impact of this role:
The Director of Agile and Governance is a senior leader who builds and guides a high performing engagement management team who have a key role in our delivery of services. She/He is accountable for ensuring that the right methodologies, processes and tools to track the quality of our projects are in place and being executed. This includes tracking client satisfaction, and consolidating our projects’ reporting to validate business expectations. The Director of Agile and Governance role is part of the operations organization, it requires collaboration and coordination activities with the Executive team, directors, and the Sales team.
This leadership role provides the platform to guide the strategic planning of Network to Code operation activities.
A day in the life:
- Player coach role, leading the Network to Code Agile Governance team.
- Owner, developer and evangelist of NTC Agile strategy and methodologies.
- Ensure that the operation team’s activities, role and responsibility are documented and fit with the rest of the Network to Code organization.
- Identify and define project management type and extend, based on projects’ types and size.
- Continuously evaluate and refine processes to increase efficiency.
- Onboard and train new team members and contractors.
- Develop and expand use of tooling including but not limited to; Jira, Confluence, Forecast, and homegrown solutions.
- Direct manager of colleagues.
- Coordinate and plan project related efforts using agile principles.
- Track and consolidate KPIs on current projects.
- Continually measure and monitor client satisfaction and health of the initiatives.
- Proactively identify issues and coordinate with internal and external teams to remediate issues as they are identified.
- Responsible project owner, managing all internal Network to Code aspects of successful delivery. Manage Network to Code team communications, structure and staffing for various projects, manage problems or challenges that may arise, and be the focal point for any and all escalations.
- Deliver executive-level summary reports (verbal and written) of project accomplishments, active work efforts, forward-looking risks and blockers, external dependencies, etc. that are informative for client management and clearly communicate tasks that may require their intervention, all in a clear and concise format without burying them in excessive detail.
- Support Project Team through:
- Identifying, communicating, and managing dependencies within and across teams
- Identifying risk, anticipating consequences, and proactively considering contingency plans
- Removing impediments preventing project progress
- Mediating through conflicts
- Helping to facilitate quick decision making
- Prioritize tasks and workload, determine trade-offs of scope/budget/calendar
What you bring:
- Strong engagement/project management skills including: conceptualization; analysis; driving alignment; planning resources; managing milestones and objectives, and Agile practices.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate simultaneous projects, to organize a diverse set of team members from developers, engineers, and clients.
- Relevant experience in working for (or with) a start-up preferred, not required.
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter with extensive experience in an agile/adaptable environment.
- Familiarity with Jira and software development lifecycle.
What you have:
- Ideal candidate would come from IT Consulting, Professional Services, or IT enterprise vendors such as Accenture, Cisco, EMC, F5 or Palo Alto.
- People management skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication and documentation skills.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing strategic projects.
- Strong presenting, listening and comprehension skills.
- A natural organizer, able to bring structure to chaos, promotes reusability and efficiency.
- A motivated self-starter, independently overcomes obstacles to realize stated objectives.
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment. Ability to multitask, prioritize and coordinate activities to meet multiple, agile deadlines, and works well under pressure.
- Ability to work remote and independently.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
Our workplace at Network to Code is innovative, fast, and exciting. We build solution stacks that are rooted in the latest open-source technologies and enable our clients to get more work done better, faster, and cheaper than ever before. No wonder Gartner named us a Cool Enterprise Networking Vendor in 2020!
Our teams are humbly led by some of the most recognized names in the network automation community. We continue to give back to the community through blogs, industry events and open-source software contributions. Although we’re located throughout the world, we use technology to maintain close peer relationships with regular virtual team events and happy hours.
We believe people are our most valuable resource at Network to Code. Our culture is rooted in collaboration, community, and forward thinking. We are passionately committed to leading and shaping the future of network automation; and as we continue to grow rapidly, we’re always on the lookout for talented, innovative people to join our team!
Network to Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network to Code does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.