Who we are:
Network to Code bridges the gap between DevOps and Network Engineering. We are a pioneer in the network automation industry. Our mission is to drastically change the way networks are managed, consumed, and operated on a day-to-day basis. We offer a variety of professional and consulting services as well as training on Network Automation, DevOps for Networking, and how the network can be operated with an Infrastructure as Code mindset. Our services and solutions enable clients to better serve their business and the needs of their customers.
Impact of this role:
A Consulting Product Owner helps our clients by understanding the needs of key stakeholders while developing a cohesive product roadmap on their network automation journey. They ensure the development team is working on the project execution via the appropriate Agile methodology and are tracked in detail. They will ensure a healthy balance of technical debt and new feature enhancements is maintained to drive toward the success of the product. As a consultant it is important to adopt the mindset of the client and the direction they would understand while also providing critical feedback. They will build broad client relationships, especially at the stakeholder level. This role reports to the Director of Agile and Governance.
A day in the life:
- Serve as the customer proxy responsible for working with Product Management and other stakeholders to prioritize the team backlog.
- Collaborate with other POs both internally and externally on aligning dependencies and initiatives
- Coordinate and track project related efforts using agile principles. A project team typically consists of an Engagement Manager, Principal Architect, Managing Consultants, Network Automation Engineers, and/or Learning and Development Instructors
- Continually measure and monitor client satisfaction and health of the initiatives. Proactively identify issues and coordinate with project teams to remediate issues as they are identified
- Continuously reevaluate the product backlog based on market changes, client feedback and business priorities
- Provide stakeholders with clear and consistent communication and reporting around product updates, progress, risks and roadblocks
- Deliver executive-level summary reports (verbal and written) of project accomplishments, active work efforts, forward-looking risks and blockers, external dependencies, etc. that are informative for client management and clearly communicate tasks that may require their intervention, all in a clear and concise format without burying them in excessive detail
What you bring:
- Strong engagement/project management skills including: conceptualization; analysis; driving alignment; planning resources; managing milestones and objectives, and Agile practices
- An innate ability to understand features a customer needs and communicating those requirements to the development team.
- A natural organizer, able to bring structure to chaos, promotes reusability and efficiency
- A motivated self-starter, independently overcomes obstacles to realize stated objectives
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate simultaneous projects, to organize a diverse set of team members from developers, engineers, and clients
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment. Ability to multitask, prioritize and coordinate activities to meet multiple, agile deadlines, and works well under pressure
- Ability to work remote and independently
What you have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing product roadmaps
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- In-depth understanding of Agile Principles, especially Scrum and SAFe
- Experience working with key stakeholders and resolving issues across teams
- Experience with software development
- Coding and designing knowledge
- Demonstrated understanding of product architecture
- Sufficient understanding of technology systems and the team’s ecosystem to triage technical issues and guide the team to technical solutions
- Strong presenting, listening and comprehension skills
- Strong verbal, written communication and documentation skills
- Familiarity with Jira and software development lifecycle
- Relevant experience in working for (or with) a start-up preferred, not required
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
Our workplace at Network to Code is innovative, fast, and exciting. We build solution stacks that are rooted in the latest open-source technologies and enable our clients to get more work done better, faster, and cheaper than ever before. No wonder Gartner named us a Cool Enterprise Networking Vendor in 2020!
Our teams are humbly led by some of the most recognized names in the network automation community. We continue to give back to the community through blogs, industry events and open-source software contributions. Although we’re located throughout the world, we use technology to maintain close peer relationships with regular virtual team events and happy hours.
We believe people are our most valuable resource at Network to Code. Our culture is rooted in collaboration, community, and forward thinking. We are passionately committed to leading and shaping the future of network automation; and as we continue to grow rapidly, we’re always on the lookout for talented, innovative people to join our team!
Network to Code is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network to Code does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.